"Some women have a weakness for shoes...I can go barefoot if necessary. I have a weakness for books."
Oprah Winfrey

Buy all my reviewed books here on The Book Depository

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Spray by Harry Edge




A group of teens sign up for an assassination game on the streets of a big city. Their weapons: pressurized water guns. It’s meant to be a game, a sport. But for some, it’s more than harmless fun. To win, they’ll use  any  means necessary.
Two hundred players. Three weeks of tense cat-and-mouse action. Every stalker is being stalked and only one player will be left standing. No one will be the same.
Through multiple points of view, Harry Edge puts readers right in the middle of the action—watch your back!



I bought this book without realising that it was in the young adult category. I do read a lot of YA but for this kind of story I was thinking it would be better if it were aimed at an older audience. I soon realised this was not the case. It was actually a completely different story than what I had imagined. From what you read of the synopsis at the back of the book and from spoiler free reviews I had read it seems like it has quite a sinister tone to it but this however is not the case. It is really good fun.

At first I thought that I would never be able to keep all the characters in my head as it seemed like there were so many but it is actually only written from five different character viewpoints, and the other characters are just written about. I soon got in to the different game players and could tell them apart really easily. 

It is a very exciting story and fun to see what each player is going to do next. Some of the twists you really don't see coming and you can imagine falling for the pranks yourself if you were in the game. It is definitely a page turner and you will find yourself rooting for at least one character. Who that may be just depends who you are into I guess but for me it was Han and Green.

Definitely give this book a go. It is a very quick read and well worth it.



Divaliciouz Rating       *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comment, good or otherwise. I can hack it, I'm a tough diva!